Over the past year, I have struggled to be genuinely happy and content. My positivity has gone up and down and the smallest thing will shift my mood. That’s just me.
One of the things that will always boost my mood is music.
Whatever is going on, putting my headphones in and drowning out the entire world is something which can bring me that contentment. Even if it is only for a few slight seconds. Music is one of my passions. I love it. The way if can make me feel is close to indescribable.
If it’s one of those days where you’re feeling low, depressed, miserable and…well…just utter shit, I’ve put together a little playlist for you. The songs on this playlist are ones that I have listened to over the past year and they have truly helped me. Whether it’s the lyrics, the melody or one single instrument that’s used in it, it lifts me up. These are songs that I’ve either always known about or have discovered and never knew existed. So here you go, here’s my ‘Happy Playlist’…
- Home – Phillip Phillips
- Send me on my way – Rusted Roast
- Sympathy – The Goo Goo Dolls
- The closer I get – Brighten
- Back to you – Twin Forks
- Hey ya – Obadiah Parker
- Silver Moon – Roo panes
- Cross my mind – Twin Forks
- Hero – Family Of The Year
- Over & Over – Smallpools
- Accidently in love – Counting Crows
- Words in the fire – Patrick Watson
- What it takes – Ed Prosek
- Open Road – Roo Panes
- Dear true love – Sleeping At Last
- YOUTH – Troye Sivan
- Keep breathing – Ingrid Michaelson
- Next to me – Sleeping At Last
- Distance – Hyper Potions & Richard Caddock
- Indian Summer – Jai Wolf
- Indigo Home – Roo Panes
- Luv, hold me down – Drowners
- By your side – The Runaway Club
- Dreaming – Smallpools
- Come to me – The Goo Goo Dolls
- Kiss me darling – Twin Forks
- Surround you – Echosmith
Yeah, I know. There’s quite a few. And I still look. I’m endlessly looking for those songs that make me feel that certain way. I also listen to these when I’m on a walk or when I’m at the seafront where I now live.
I hope someone else can also find happiness with music like this.
Have a good day 🙂